Monday, February 15, 2010

arSync - easy and free front end for rsync on Mac - sync your folders!

Eventually lot's of people do not feel comfortable with the use of command line on a Mac 
. Syncing folders, such as you local mac partition and an external driver or a NAS driver is a very common task. After experimenting with various potential solutions I ended up using the famous rsync command via command line. Yesterday though, I found arSync a very nice GUI front-end for rsync. It really works it offers saving presets, providing logging etc. I have tested it with a local photos folder which I regularly backup on my NAS! So...arSync thank you!Highly recommended!

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Do you still use arsync or did you find something better.
    I know it's been almost 2 years since you wrote this article but I'd appreciate your answer.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete